Thursday 11 February 2010

The Great Big Catch-Up: A Visual Guide.

Uh, sorry buddy, wrong blog post...

In atoning for my chronicling negligence, or chronicleligence, here's what you missed since since my trip to California over Christmas:


One of my best and oldest friends got married to a wonderful woman. I love them and wish the new Mr. & Mrs. Jan Ormeo a happy God-centered marriage of love and improvement. I spent the following Christmas week with more friends & family:
with paljean/jeanniepal/jewels
some buddies from high school


more old 'nuts...we failed to take a group one (ahem Chrysanthy)

Leong Five.the beloved CFBC, including one very special girl...sorry, Melron, I'll get to you in a second.

Christmas Day topped them all. The same lovable foursome, plus some of the greater Leong dynasty.
This would be the first time we had gotten all together in over a decade. Last time I saw my niece Sam she was having her 2nd birthday, and that night I spoke to a high school upper classman who looked a whole lot like her. I was pleased to see the sociable young woman she has now become. We all got back into the Leong family groove pretty quickly...


niece Dana
uncle Juanito
cousin Tony and Mom picking their next 100-pointer
I spoke the nature of hope and what it has to do with Christmas. I actually gave this message a number of times throughout the second and last week of my stay. This was the gift I wanted to give to my friends and family this year, and although material presents aren't scrapped for the future, I'm learning much more what God has built me to offer. I believe that lesson about myself was God's gift to me this year. And He sure knows how to give them -- I mean, I'm still beaming over the one He gave over 2,000 years ago.

The next day was a very close runner up to highlight of my week. I spent the day with Melron, and that night we attended her family's Christmas party featuring a wig theme. [Insert clever pun here] It was wiggity wiggity wacky.

the sibs and the sig figs.

1/10000th of Melron's Farol family, masters of disguise.

Afterwards I left for "home," being seen off by some gracious friends and some thought/heart-provoking conversation...

...not to mention stowing away some precious cargo.

got to vlog with the guff....this one's a must-see
even making a trip/sub-trip to DC to visit one Irene "Ica" Diongzon

Melron and I got there in time to enjoy residual Christmastime in the city, and ring in the new year right. We skipped the countdown crowd, but that didn't stop us from counting down...


fast forward through a couple weeks of re-gearing, per my resolutions, and here I am:
without pockets and more Chinese than ever (I enjoy the white backdrop...makes me look less pale). More on the current events in the next post!

1 comment: