Thursday 25 February 2010

Formspring.

Do you have any major phobias?

I had to give this one some extra thought. I must say I have a lot of mild fears, because of my tendencies to make things awkward and/or embarrass myself and/or miss something that is obvious to everyone else. But a major phobia? I think for everyone it's the same: that is, I imagine your biggest fear would be to lose your biggest joy.

For example: if my biggest joy is my looks, then my biggest fear would be to grow old. If my biggest joy is being liked by others, then my biggest fear would be to be alone. If my biggest joy is wasting time, then my biggest fear would be to run out of it. And if my biggest joy is living life, then my biggest fear would be to die.

So what's my biggest joy? My biggest joy is the assurance of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And that, my friend, I cannot lose. So...no. :)

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life;of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1

Ask me anything

1 comment: