Friday 13 November 2009

Subway Observations #2

Sept 20
8:48am
Man with a dog. They've got the same sunken expression on their faces.

12:52pm
Bald man, scrawny, thick glasses. Very angry, cursing about the 1 train having to cut stops for unknown reason. Surprisingly intimidating. Remember to plan ahead for these things. Including balding.

3:53pm
European. They have to be. I can tell by rounded sunglasses. Plus the girls are speaking French.

4:04pm
Mother grabs her son, 7 years old, likely oldest of the two, lying across the seat with a smile. Pinches his ear and asks "why you gotta do that?" with a thick Brooklyn accent. Has her two sons, bout same age, hold hands with her at the end as they exit. Teaches oldest responsibility and manhood.
It's been a while I last updated. It's not that I haven't had material, or even (attempted) entries, but I've come to accept that I just can't force the process of writing. I guess I'm just better at taking it in than pushing it out. Yeah, and I'm inconsistent. I should just go ahead and admit it. I'm easily distracted (no, it's not ADD) and I forget about my tasks. Or I just put it off because I'm waiting for the chance to just sit in a clear quiet environment and write. That hasn't been so prevalent lately, which I'm sure is largely due to the fact that I don't have a room yet. 60 days officially, and still on a couch with 3 bags. That story I definitely want to take time and crank out -- it's two entries at least. In the meantime, though I've lagged on it, I will proceed to post these observations I've been collecting. I think they're elaborate enough in themselves. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment