Saturday 31 October 2009

No Sleep til.

I quoted that earlier to Laura, which was a dumb move since she can't even cite any Britney Spears songs. Here I am staying in Brooklyn, in the abode of Marvin & Erin (and Tom). I'm in this limbo still -- living here but not quite living here. I work five days a week then go back to a couch and suitcase. I buy groceries then buzz to be let in the building. There a certain level of immigrative qualities to my lifestyle, and that includes the actual immigrants that comprise a great deal of the staff at work, and a big enough pool of the regular ole cityfolk too. Anyway I'm enjoying it here. Lost has become an addiction and is now doing for me even more than what F'book & Youtube used to do to me. Not that they're all that gone, but I had more control and was working on a discipline until this show waltzed into my life. It didn't actually waltz at all -- and I should know, I just took 2 hours of waltz earlier today. I learned basic rhumba steps too, and met some great people. So yeah, I struggle to gain focus. I actually managed to stop halfway through an episode to make sure I get to sleep on time. Yes, worship is a priority, and I need to treat it like one. Sunday morning I will not be rushing and half-attentive like I have been these past two weeks. I will regain focus. I will regain focus. Which reminds me, I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment